The following is an extract from
the "Life Positive" of August 1998.
Sigmund Freud, often began his sessions by asking about a person's name. You can know
more about yourself through your names by these queries
- Imagine your parents discussing what name to give you a week before you were born. Did
they want a boy or a girl?
- Some babies are named after other people-either relatives or friends or famous personalities.
Were you named after anybody? If so, who and why? Has it had any effect
on your personality.
- Many children are named after legendary heroes. Later in childhood their stories are
retold to them. Can you remember any such stories you have heard as a child.
- Nearly all names have meanings. Were your parents aware of the meaning of your name ? Who
chose your name ? Was it chosen for its meaning ?
- Do you have a nickname ? Do you remember when and why you started using it?
- How and by whom were your parents named. Have you noticed any relation between their names
- Do people make jokes about your name ? Do You like it
There is definate Karmic reason behind your name. You are what you are called. So you are
what you are called.